Since most of the branches of the history meme didn’t link to the original post (and its been over 10 days), here is a summary of the new branches:
I was tagged by Jonathan Jarret who did Count Borrell II.
- He also tagged Antiquarian’s Attic who did a very nice meme on Gruffydd ap Cynan.
I did St Oswald of Northumbria on December 30.
- Jennifer Lynn Jordan who did Prester John.
- Derek the Anglican who did Aelfric Bata (and John-Julian put up a wacky story of St John of Beverly in Derek’s comments).
- Larry Swain who did the other Aelfric, of Eynsham.
- Nicola Griffith who did St Hild.
- Gabriele Campbell did King Heinrich IV
- And she tagged Kristen Campbell who did St. Columba
- Wynn Bexton did Philip Arridaios, half-brother of Alexander the Great.
I’ll update this post if any others I tagged put up their meme. Looks like there is a nice spread of historical figures here and by my count, two mutations. One mutation is the choice of a fictional character (Prester John) and the second is the list of seven things novelist Nicola Griffith would like to know about St Hild. I have to say I expected a few literary mutations…. I think that someday we could use another round of tagging to get beyond a few of the usual suspects. 😉